Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DIY doily light

How amazing is this light fixture? Imagine a bunch of them all over a wedding reception...totally swoon-worthy.


Best news is, it's DIY! I originally found it while I was procrastinating and spending way too much time on Pinterest, but it was posted there from a blog called More Design Please. I can't believe that it is as easy as a balloon, glue and doilies! I think I might make one for my office!

Here are the instructions (found on DOSFamily):
  1. Blow up a balloon the size you'd like your light to be (this one is from a party store) and hang it from a string
  2. Collect a bunch of doilies or small lace tablecloths
  3. Using a paintbrush, soak them with wallpaper glue
  4. Put the soaked doilies on the balloon making sure they are overlapping so they stick together
  5. Leave to dry (probably overnight)
  6. Pop the balloon
  7. Attach a nice looking cord and light fixture but cutting a small opening at the top. Once the light fixture is in place, you can sew up the opening if you so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment